The Canberra Living Conditions Network was established following the 2012 Pathways Through The Maze, National Hoarding and Squalor Conference.
CLCN consists of managers and workers from community and government agencies, and private enterprise, who provide services to individuals and families living in squalor and hoarding situations.
CLCN is made up of the following components:
- Governance and strategic direction for the network
- Representation with key stakeholders
Sector Development Group (SDG)
- Monthly meetings to discuss sector issues (1:30pm, Nature Conservation House, see below for more information)
- Working groups are formed to focus on specific deliverables or subject areas
Professional Community Events
- Support workers through sharing knowledge and resources and developing techniques
- Includes forums, training, networking and other activities
CLCN aims to promote a sector-wide response for the development of a coordinated, multi-disciplinary, adequately funded and systemic response to squalor and hoarding in the Canberra community, by:
- Developing training opportunities, service capacity, and knowledge sharing across a broad cross-section of government and non-government organisations.
- Developing appropriate tools to aid the sharing of information and the development of techniques to intervene in identified squalor and/or hoarding cases for positive living conditions results for individuals and families.
- Collecting data
- to develop a profile of squalor and hoarding in the Canberra community
- to evaluate tools and techniques used in the sector
- to measure the impact of changes in funding or services
- Advocating for change in service provision for squalor and hoarding based on gaps and needs identified.
- Seeking financial and systemic support for the development of a coordinated response to squalor and hoarding in the Canberra community.
Next meeting: 13th June 2017 Cancelled
The next Canberra Living Conditions Network Sector Development Group meeting is on Tuesday, 13th June 2017 from 1.30pm to 3.00pm at Nature Conservation House Belconnen ACT.
Guest Speaker - Wayne Shaw
Commander ACT Fire & Rescue
All welcome to come and plan the activities of the network. RSVP: HERE
Please note: you can sign up for information on the home page under Receive Updates.